October 13, 2011

My Tribe

I'm having one of those days/nights. I want to write, although nothing in particular stands out as a topic. 

I could find things to talk about, that is never hard for me. *grins*


Right now I am wanting to add to my fur family. I have 2 dogs who I adore more than life itself. They have traveled with me from Alberta to BC, and are 6 and 11 respectively. My friends always say they are my children and always know that they seldom are not with me no matter where I go. 

Rizzo is very special to me, not only is he 11 years old, but he is a rescue who was in bad shape at 4 years of age. I knew the very first time I laid eyes on him, we were meant to be a family and I never looked back. He is very much a puppy spirit, with a determination never to give up, I think he could teach many a human a lesson or two on that alone! He has shown me unconditional love and I him, he really is one of a kind!


Blaze is my lil buddy. I helped deliver him 6 years ago. Originally he was to up for adoption with his sister and brother, but he wasn't having any part of that! He "chose" me and I realized very quickly, I not only had Momma Jas and Swamper, out of the litter of 3, there was now an addition or two! He is very loyal, playful, and so loving. I adore him as well. 


It wouldn't be right for me not to mention Mr. Jingles. He is the kitten who just turned a year old! He is full of  all sorts of spunk, one minute he will drive you crazy, and not two seconds later, he is up on you purring the softest of purrs I think I have ever heard come from a cat. Love him, or hate him, Mr. Jingles is part of our pack and he will tell you in case you didn't hear him the first time lol!


I don't know a time where I haven't owned a cat or dog or fish for that matter. Pets have a huge impact in my life and like with any creature, human or not, for every life that comes into my world, at some point there comes a time when some will leave for the Rainbow Bridge. It is never easy as each pet I've ever had, has such a special place in my heart. 

Teo came to me as a rescue, his one year anniversary of his passing is at the end of October. He has been on my mind a lot and I know he is never far from my heart and soul, but his personality, his kisses and the way he says "I love you" are forever imprinted in my mind and heart. 


I'm not sure what it is about wanting another pet to add to the mix, perhaps it is the business that having pets gives me; or it is the love and yes at times craziness that comes with a house full. But there is something about watching my pack bond, there is nothing quite like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment